2022 SAFAR SYMPOSIUM
Multi-Departmental Trainees’ Research Day
ANESTHESIOLOGY & PERIOPERATIVE MEDICINE | CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE |EMERGENCY MEDICINE | NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY | PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION | WISER
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION | Thursday, April 7 | 5:00 PM
As part of the 2022 Safar Symposium, we will host an IN-PERSON poster session for abstract presentations by trainees from the above departments. Our Multi-Departmental Trainees’ Research Day will be held Thursday, May 26, 2:00–5:30 pm at the University Club, Ballroom A.
We invite postdoctoral fellows, interns/residents, pre-doctoral students, medical students, and undergraduates to submit abstracts. Details on the session will follow for the abstracts accepted for presentation.
Notification of acceptance will be sent during the week of April 18. Your poster will be judged by a group of faculty experts—local, national and/or international—giving you an opportunity to have a rich dialogue on your work. NOTE: If you are not available to present your poster, you will not be eligible for an award.
Please carefully read and refer to these guidelines for preparing and submitting your abstract:
- Abstracts that do not adhere to the guidelines outlined below, or that are incomplete, will be rejected.
- If you have presented this work at a professional meeting during the current academic year, you are welcome to submit to our Symposium. However, work previously published or submitted to prior Safar Symposia is not eligible.
- Please recognize there are a limited number of spaces, and thus, acceptance of abstracts is on a first come, first served basis.
- Use 8.5 x 11-inch space with 1-inch margins at top, left, right, and bottom.
- The abstract cannot exceed one page.
- Line spacing must be single-spaced.
- The text of the abstract must appear in Times New Roman 12-point font.
- Abstracts should not include figures, tables, or charts.
- Email your abstract along with abstract cover page to SafarTRD@pitt.edu.
- Abstracts will be reviewed for appropriateness/priority and to make a final disposition on those to be accepted for presentation.
- Accepted abstracts will be posted on the Safar Center website in an abstract booklet.
- If you have any questions about our Trainees’ Research Day or the abstract instructions, please contact Marci Provins via email at SafarTRD@pitt.edu.